Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Where did the week go?

I can't believe I have been bad for an entire week about blogging...oh - who am I kidding?!  I will be happy if I can keep this semi-up-to-date.

This week we had the local Buddy Walk.  It is an event to raise awareness and money for the local Down syndrome organizations.  It is always a lot of fun...however, this year God decided to add a little of his own fun in the form of a tornado warning!!   Fortunately, the storm was not that bad, but those who know me know I did not see much of it due to my hiding in the building.

We had our visit from our social worker for our home study on Saturday.  She is the sweetest person and we really enjoyed meeting her in person.   I also made a journey with Ian to downtown Chicago to get some special stamps on our documents (apostille), only to find out that one of them needs something before they will stamp it.  I am proud of myself for not throwing a hissy fit and for staying optimistic.  From stories I have heard about the adoption process this is like a pebble in my shoe.  

I have been so excited watching the kiddos on Reece's Rainbow be moved to the My Family Found Me page.  It is overwhelming how many families are opening their hearts and homes.

Before the last few months, I really wanted to help the cause of the orphans in Eastern Europe and never knew if we would be able to adopt.  So, you ask, what types of things did I do or can you do?

1.  Pray for the little ones to find their families, pray for the families that are on their journey to adopt or may be seeking to be able to adopt.

2.  Donate to the funds of the little ones or the families that are adopting.  The costs of international adoptions are very high and involve a lot of work.  Many families more families would be open to adopting if there was more financial support.  All donations made through Reece's Rainbow are Tax-Deductible!!  So it helps you too.
Here is our link - http://reecesrainbow.org/47636/sponsorthomson

3.  Participate or coordinate fundraisers for those adopting.

Basically - there are lots of ways to help!!

We had a bump in our donations this week - I don't know from whom...but whomever you are - THANK YOU!!!!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment