Thursday, October 25, 2012

So....what is happening??

Sorry again for the delay - my life really isn't all that interesting on a daily basis, yet at the same time I am too busy to always write.  It is kinda weird.

Currently we are close to our home study being complete.  Jim and I are taking the necessary educational courses (on-line) that we are required to take.  So far, the courses have given us some great ideas and things to think about.  Otherwise, we are waiting for the government to provide info on our background checks/fingerprints.   I have heard this can take quite awhile.  We did this back in September, so hopefully it is almost done.

In addition, I have been trying to figure out something or somethings that I could make and maybe sell to raise money for the adoption.  The cost of an international adoption is so high because the process involves a lot of documents and filings, the use of multiple agencies, flights and fees.   I know that it will be so worth it, but it worries me.  I know we are not the only ones in this situation, but we have taken the first step....following the call to adopt.  I truly believe that God never would have led us down this path unless he was going to see that we could make it to the end...our precious little girl.

Speaking of her...we are trying to find a name we can all agree on for her.  So far, we have not been very successful.  For those that are asking why are we changing her name...Yasmine is just an alias to protect her true identity.  We plan to incorporate her birth name as a middle name, but we think we are going to give her a new first name.  I have asked others that have gone down this path if it is difficult for the kids to adapt or if they have a lost sense of identity and in all cases it has been "no".

Please continue to pray for our family as we continue down this path.

THANK YOU to those that have prayed and/or donated to our adoption fund.  We appreciate everything!

Cathie
http://reecesrainbow.org/47636/sponsorthomson


No comments:

Post a Comment