Saturday, October 6, 2012

What a difference a few years makes!

Had you told me five years ago that I would soon have four children and half of them would be blessed with an extra chromosome I would have told you - "you are making that up!"   Well....fast-forward and this is exactly where I am.  And I could NOT be happier!!!

We currently have the "perfect" family....so why change it you might ask??  My response...being that it is so wonderful why not SHARE it with a little one that has known nothing but an orphanage all of her life.   But for the grace of God that could have been Ian had he been born on that side of the world...I can't imagine.  In addition - Ian has taught our family so many things, that we would love the opportunity to be taught even more by this little one!  What can a four-year old teach??  Perseverance, kindness, humor, slowing down and taking each day for what it is, etc...the list is endless!  

Throughout the past couple of years I have made various FB posts asking people to help children on Reece's Rainbow.   I have also prayed that God let us know how Jim and I can help these children.  I have longed to bring one of these babes home, but know that it is a huge commitment that cannot be taken lightly.   Well...as our feelings got stronger the homilies at church got more specific.  I feel like in the past 3 months the  readings have included every reference to God calling us to help orphans.

The title of this Blog is like the story of the starfish...while there are MANY orphans out there and we cannot possibly help them all...we CAN make a difference to ONE!!!   In addition, I would love to be the source of inspiration to others who are contemplating this journey...I know I have MANY friends who have inspired me:)  Thank you from the bottom of my heart all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment