Sunday, March 17, 2013

We have our plane tickets!!

This last week we got our dates for our first trip!   This is the trip we get to meet "Yasmine" in person every day for a week.   While this has been a long road, I still can't believe that 2 weeks from tomorrow I will be meeting her....it seems so surreal.

Everyone keeps asking if I am packed....NO...I am still at the list making and setting aside stage.

Right up there with the excitement of getting our travel dates is knowing that very soon (hopefully in the next few days), we will get new info (and possibly new pictures) of her.   The info we have on her is a year old now and I am nervous to see how she is doing.   I pray that she is healthy and that her weight has been increasing.   I want to be able to take her some clothes, but until I know what she weighs I am not sure what size to bring.

For those of you who don't know me, I am essentially a NON-FLYER.   I have flown in a few times in my life, but I am scared to death and have panic attacks.  Typically I cannot even drive past O'hare without my heart racing.  Once we were thinking of flying somewhere, and just looking at the seating chart on the reservation page got me all freaked out.   Therefore, Jim has just resigned himself to the fact that we will be driving to destinations....except this one.

In making the decision to adopt from overseas, I have tried not to focus on the fact I will need to fly.  I am nervous - for sure- but at the same time I really feel that God has this.  Our adoption of "Yasmine" is so much bigger than any anxiety I have with flying.   I have been telling people that I am treating it sort of like going through my c-section surgeries...it is just part of the process to get the big reward!   I know she is going to be so worth it, just like Gabi, Xander and Ian.

Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare to travel, that all goes well with our flights, our meetings with "Yasmine" and with our kids here at home (my parents are so generously coming to stay with them).  In hindsight, my parents may be more afraid of what they will have to deal with that week than I am flying...LOL!

Before I sign-off, I would like to thank each and every person that has been praying for us and this journey and has supported us financially.   With this trip, we will be making another payment to our agency.



Take care and God bless!  
Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment