Monday, January 7, 2013

I have NO excuse!

The title of this post could (or SHOULD) be the answer for many things in my life.   I initially wrote it in terms of why I haven't blogged in forever, but I think it could go on and on....

The holidays were fun with both our families (separately), with the exception of 2 ER visits, a cast and a two-day stay.  I have been assured none of these were a result of my hospitality!   Gabi and I sang bright and early at the 9 am Mass on Christmas Day....it was a lot of fun...just really early.    We actually didn't open gifts until after, the kids were very patient.

The weather here is NOT what I call winter in the Midwest, which makes many people happy.  I am not one of them.  I grew up in Michigan and LOVE my 4 seasons.   This cold and no snow is just plain ugly and not very useful.  

So while I had some guests over the holidays, I had NO excuse not to take a few minutes to blog.  I will say that I am overwhelmed by the donations we received for Yasmine!   Jim and I are humbled by the outpouring of love and support.   We are still waiting for some approvals on things we have filed with customs and then we will ship off our dossier to her country....which would mean a huge step towards getting to meet her.  I cannot wait!   We have decided on a name but we are not sharing just yet.  It is PERFECT!

For those of you who have wondered if the Russian ban on adoptions will impact us, the answer is no.   That said, I have several friends who are in the process of adopting from Russia, not to mention all of the orphans that are still waiting for their forever families.  I pray that things get resolved for the sake of the children.  They should not be used as political pawns.

As far as resolutions, I don't really make them - because I never keep them.  But I am going to try to get fit by running.  I have NO excuse as to why I have put on these pounds the last couple of years.  A group has been started to try to run a 5K every couple of months in order to raise money for Reece's Rainbow.  I figure if I can't do it for myself, I certainly can do it for the orphans. 

Taking down the decorations and cleaning up I realize I have not done the best job in training my kids.  They are old enough to be able to help.  I have NO excuse as to why they don't help...I have just enabled them too much.  In case they are reading this...please note the past tense of enabled!  It is all going to change in 2013!!! 

So as they are fighting over nothing, I must go and put my striped ref shirt on once again!

Happy New Year to everyone...may 2013 be a blessed and healthy year!
Cathie

1 comment:

  1. Love ya Cath! :) Wishing you and the family every happiness and blessing in 2013!

    ReplyDelete