Wednesday, January 8, 2014

We are still alive!! LOL!

I have not posted due to pure chaos in our schedules and then the holidays and just generally not a blogger type (I have found)...but rest assured...all is well.

Eliana came home on August 24 and became a citizen of the United States the moment she set foot on land. It has been so fascinating watching her since she came home.  The week we were there she really was like a fish out of water.  She ate very little and was tentative about everything.  I can't say as I blamed her.  The idea of being taken from a place (even if it is an orphanage) and just placed with people you hardly know must be so much to process.   Gabi and Eliana had a wonderful time getting to know each other.  It was great fun watching them smile and play with each other.   The days we were there were long, because we were never sure what to make of her schedule.  However, we did do a bit of sightseeing in the country that is our daughter's homeland.   She was born in Bulgaria, which is a beautiful country just north of Turkey and south of Romania.   I hope someday to be able to take her back to explore as a family.

Eliana did great on the flight home.   We had no problems what so ever.  Dare I say, I think I might like flying...shh...don't tell Jim.  I have had a phobia about flying FOREVER.  In fact, if it weren't to go get Eliana I would never have flown again.  So, who knows - maybe we will be able to travel a bit more.

Since she has been home we have had her endure all sorts of medical tests - the 72 hour EEG with video about made her go over the edge - and me too!  The good news - she is very healthy.  She did get some ear tubes because of some blockage, but her hearing is fine.

In October, we had a low-key celebration of her 3rd bday and she started preschool.  We have been gradually increasing her time at school and she seems to really enjoy it.

The relationship between Eliana and Ian is ever-changing.  He was a bit jealous at the beginning and sometimes still acts out.  Little pushes here and there.  I watch them very carefully.  She has recently started to really play with him a bit, which is so cute!   She is always watching him...which may not always be a good thing.  

Overall, I would say that Eliana has become very comfortable with her new home and her new family.  I really feel like she has been with us forever.   I can honestly say that I NEVER imagined being able to love a child that I did not give birth to the same as I did my other children - boy was I wrong.  The children that God puts on our hearts are the children He wants us to raise as our own here on Earth no matter where or how they came to be with us.  It is a beautiful thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment