Monday, December 10, 2012

It is never easy ....

As a parent, it is NEVER easy to hand your child over to be put under for surgery.   As a member of an extended DS family that has lost far too many little ones recently (some post-surgery), the task is made all that harder.

This morning, Ian had his ear tubes checked and some dental rehab...I hope this is the only rehab I ever have to deal with with my kids.   He had a number of issues and he was unwilling to let the dentist deal with them while awake.   I am happy to report that all went well...it took about 3.5 hours.   He is such a trooper and only complained for a bit post-op.

Not knowing Yasmine's health history in great detail, and not knowing if what we know is reliable, I am anxious to get her home and have her examined by a doctor here in the U.S.   As most children with Down syndrome are prone to a number of medical issues, I will feel much better when that exam is over.   I just pray all is well with her and surgery, no matter how minor, can be avoided.


http://reecesrainbow.org/47636/sponsorthomson


                                                                  *   *   *   *  *

As you may have noticed, I will be "reminding" you on a regular basis of our Give-Away on this blog.   It is so important for us to get to her as quickly as possible and while the paper chase may hold things up along the way - I pray money is never the roadblock.  PLEASE don't forget to comment on the blog so you will be in the give-away.  We so appreciate any donation, no matter how small.  We are also very appreciate of your prayers.

Thank you and God bless...
Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment